Charity Silent Auctions Ideas – Do We Need Ringmen?
Although it may sound cliché, it’s true. A good Fund Raising Auctioneer does not cost you money. A good Fundraising Auctioneer will make you money.
“Prove it” someone recently said. Okay, I’m ideas for silent auction items up for the challenge and here are twenty reasons why, in my opinion, a professional Auctioneer will raise more money than a volunteer…nearly 100% of the time.
1. A Professional Fund Raising Auctioneer’s services will include pre-event meeting(s), periodic telephone consultations, and bid calling on auction day. In effect you have a full-time Auction consultant on staff. Can your volunteer offer this service?
2. An Experienced Fund Raising Auctioneer can provide you with an Event Checklist at the start of the process to prevent you from spinning your wheels and get you moving in the right direction…quickly.
3. A Trained Fund Raising Auctioneer will personally meet with your staff and/or committee to help you jump-start the pre-event auction planning process.
4. A Professional Auctioneer can provide you with such important auction tools as Computerized Registration & Checkout, Post-Auction Reports, Registration Mailing Lists, multi-part Auction Clerking Tickets, etc…all of which will help to streamline your event.
5. An Experienced Auctioneer will provide you with a multi-step solicitation approach that will increase both the quantity and quality of the sellable items you will need to solicit in order to raise more money than last year.
6. A Trained Auctioneer will help you to understand what sells best at a such Auctions.
7. A Professional Fund Raising Auctioneer will help you to understand what doesn’t sell well.
8. An Experienced Auctioneer can help you to differentiate between Silent and Live Auction items.
9. A Trained Auctioneer can help you to strategically place items throughout the Auction.
10. A Professional can help you to avoid common pitfalls.
11. An Experienced Auctioneer will provide professional bid calling.
12. A Trained Auctioneer will add a professional image to your event.
13. A Professional Fund Raising Auctioneer will sell more items in less time. You only have a limited amount of selling time. Use it wisely in order to generate the maximum revenue.
14. An Experienced Fund Raising Auctioneer will utilize advanced selling techniques in order to raise you more money.
15. A Trained Fund Raising Auctioneer can read the bidders better than any volunteer, recognizing when there is another bid left, and when the bidding is done.